Category archives: DIY Projects + Tutorials
- Hi DIYers!
Today we have a lovely hanging floral project for you provided by our friends at Blooms By The Box. These gorgeous little arrangements would be perfect lining your aisle or as a hanging centerpiece at your reception.
- As most experienced wedding pros will tell you, favors are generally a “hit or miss” thing; guests will either love them or totally ignore them. It’s not at all uncommon for many favors to be left behind at the reception and thrown away by the cleanup crew. Quelle horreur! That's a lot of time, mone[...]
- If, like most couples, you've decided to create your own wedding invitations and stationery, pull up a chair because I've got some info to help you take your invites from pleasantly passable to OMGTheGreatestInvitesEvahr.
Since most of us aren't graphic designers, turning to pre-designed images c[...]
- Notes: These instructions were made for Microsoft Word for Mac, 2011 Edition. Instructions for the PC are similar, but, of course, not the same. Instructions for PC-based Word (2007 and later are in [brackets]) next to the corresponding Mac-based ones below. For specific operating system and MS Word[...]
- Sorry, crafties. I had to share this in two parts because the photos from Kathryn + Michael's Vintage Destination Wedding and the recipes are just both so good; they each needed their own spotlight. We have to thank Katherine and her Mom once again for sharing these recipes that are perfect for fa[...]
Ask DIY Bride is a weekly column where you can ask your most pressing wedding or crafting questions.
DIY Bride readers Layne and Derrick ask:
We having our reception in a beautiful 18th century barn in our community. Our contract requires us to to do the cleaning after the wedding and we're[...]
- Sewing Your Own Wedding Gown is an ongoing series of posts that takes our readers through the steps of creating their own wedding gowns from the perspective a newbie sewist. Part 1, Should I Do It?, can be found here.
Once you've decided to sew your own gown, the biggest challenge you'll likely f[...]
- Your flower girls are probably pretty cute already, so just think how cute they’ll be when you put these ribbon flower headbands on them. Prrreeettty darn cute. Yup. Plus you’ll get to use a hot glue gun and that’s pretty fun.
Two lengths of ribbon
Thumbtack or but[...]
- Spring has finally arrived and it has got me in a spring mood. So much so that I spent all afternoon putting together rose escort cards. Sure maybe I could have had a picnic instead, but then again they only require three things (cardboard, scissors and a glue gun), are super easy to make, and prett[...]
- Your bridesmaids are pretty special people – after all you chose them for a reason. Plus there’s a good chance they’re going to help to dress you on your big day, so you want to make sure they’re feeling appreciated.
Finding fitting bridesmaids’ gifts isn’t always easy. You’re probably working to[...]