While I personally love creating small treat boxes I don’t post many here because I know that, for most couples, cutting out and assembling 100+ boxes can be a real drag. In most cases it’s just easier to buy pre-assembled boxes. When I can share treat packaging that requires little cutting and easy assembly, I’m all over it. To the blog I go! And, well, here I am with this easy treat basket.
Ok, it’s not a box but it’s a great way to present Jelly Bellys, chocolates or other small munchies.
It takes about 3 minutes to cut and assemble and you can get 4 baskets per 1 sheet of 12″ x 12″ scrapbook paper.
- Cardstock or heavy scrapbook paper, cut to 6″ x 6″
- Scoring tool (bone folder or paper cutter with a scoring blade)
- Hole punch
- Score each piece of 6″x6″ piece of paper at 2″ and at 4″ in both directions (horizontally and vertically). You’ll end up with score marks in a tic-tac-toe pattern.
- Now score each of the 4 corner pieces, diagonally, from tip towards the middle.
- Punch holes in each of the corners, about 1/8″ or so from the tips.
- Fold all of the scores towards the middle. The corner pieces should come in towards the center.
- Thread some ribbon through the holes. Place your goodies inside. Tie the ribbon closed.
(step 1):x (step 2):x