This wire necklace is an easy way to create a unique piece in very little time. Honestly, the whole necklace from start to finish took me 5 minutes at most.
- 2 – 3mm jump rings
- 6.5 inches of 24 gauge wire
- 1 – 16″ metal chain
- 1 ring clasp
- 1 – 6mm jump ring
- Wire cutter
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
Estimated cost: $10
1. To start this project, you’ll need to print off or freehand the word ‘Love.’ Make sure to choose a font where the letters are connected (Lucida Handwriting is a good one in Word). You’ll be using the printout as a guide for the shaping the wire.
2.Starting 3/4 of an inch from one end, begin shaping the L with the round nose pliers. Start at the top and work your way down (see pictures below).
3. Continue to shape the wire until the word is completed.
4. At the end of the first and last letter, create a small circle for the jump rings.
5. Attach the jump rings to both circles, thread chain through on each side, and attach a clasp and jump ring to finish the piece off.
This necklace could be used as a gift for bridesmaids, flower girls or any other special gal in your bridal party, and can be easily customized into other words or even names!
Cute Idea! Simply gifts made from the heart. I am going to do this and try to make other words. How technical did you get with the wire?
Thank you! I didn’t get too technical with the wire, just shaped it to fit the letters. If a mistake was made I just smoothed it out with the pliers. Just be careful not to correct too much or the wire will break. As long as the font you use is connected it’s pretty easy. Please let me know if you have anymore questions!