DIY Bride is seeking a few freelance beauty writers to support our small and dedicated editorial team.
The ideal candidate is someone who knows her way around high-end makeup counters and her local drugstore cosmetics aisles. She has an arsenal of solutions for common beauty problems, follows bridal beauty trends, and can community with readers in a clear-but-engaging style.
As our readership is very diverse, we’re looking for writers who are experienced with (or specialize in) women of all colors and ethnicities. We’re also seeking writers who specialize in hair, nails, and skincare.
- Write beauty posts including (but not limited to): how-tos, product round-ups, product reviews, new beauty launches as they relate to the millennial bridal market.
- Pitch beauty story ideas.
- File stories with compelling copy, web-friendly headlines and well-photographed images.
- A minimum of 1 year producing beauty content for the web.
- Knowledge of WordPress.
- Makeup, hair and/or nails expertise.
- Excellent photography skills.
- Strong communication skills.
This is a contract, work-from-anywhere position.
Please include your resume, a link to your clips/online presence, and the following editorial test, in lieu of a cover letter:
Today is your first day at DIY Bride and you are asked to write a beauty “How To” that our bridal readers will click on today, share with friends on social, and actually try later. Please include a click-worthy headline, a detailed description of what the post will cover, and how you would execute it (images, video, interviews, resources). Let us know what caption you would use to promote it on social.
Email to email@example.com