These photo do not do this sea salt caramel hot cocoa justice. It is so rich and silky with just the right hint of caramel. This recipe is perfect for those chilly winter evenings. Don’t believe us? Just try it for yourself.
- Caramel Vodka- 2 shots (Optional)
- Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Caramel Candies (4 pieces)
- 10 Minutes
- This will yield 3-4 servings so grab some friends to share with.
- Making hot cocoa is so simple that you may never want to open a package of instant powder again!
On your stove top heat milk, cream, caramel candies, and caramel vodka until it is just about to boil.
While your ingredients are heating up finely chop your chocolate.
Remove from heat, and pour over chocolate. Stir with a whisk or spoon until the chocolate has totally dissolved.
Top with whipped cream, sprinkle with sea salt, and enjoy!
Since this recipe only called for 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, I used the rest of the carton to make homemade whipped cream.
Did you have any signature cocktails at your wedding or shower? Send us your recipes to email@example.com or tag us @DIYBrideBlog on Instagram.