This is one of our most popular requests recently: a cupcake wrapper. What is it? It’s a band of paper that wraps around the outside of a cupcake.
1. Download the template here
2. Print it onto a piece of cardstock
3. Cut it out and use it to trace the shape onto paper. You can fit multiple wrappers on a single sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper.
4. Cut out your shapes.
5. Use strong double-sided tape to adhere the cardstock
6. Decorate to your liking
Tips + Hints:
- Linear patterns like lines and plaid don’t work very well because the template is curved. It’ll look wonky.
- Use decorative scissors to cut out the top of the wrapper to add a bit of pizazz.
- Paper punches are great for adding a little extra cuteness, too.
I love that, cupcakes are so cute!
What an easy way to decorate your cupcakes to go with your wedding day theme. I love it! Good advice about avoiding linear patterns, I may have learned that one the hard way.
Just love the arty cupcake wrappers – they are sooo pretty. Now I just need to go and make some cupcakes to put in them – maybe some rich Chocolate Mississippi Mud Pie cakes, Yum 🙂
OMG. I've been stressing about the price of damask cupcake wrappers and I didn't even think to MAKE them on my own! I am a graphic designer so I can do this SO EASILY! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You're the best for opening up my eyes to this idea!!!!!