The lovely Blythe shares with us this pretty project that’s perfect for holiday gift giving or, you know, a wedding.
While the project focus is on the sparkly-embossed organza bag, I think the card is the real showstopper here. How gorgeous would this be adapted into an invitation? And the bag? An excellent way to present favors.
[Note: The numbers in parentheses refer to the item’s current catalog number in the current Stampin’ Up! Idea Book.)
- Stamps: Medallion (115223) and Tiny Tags (118091) both by Stampin’ Up!
- Card Stock: Very Vanilla (101650) by Stampin’ Up!
- Ink: Old Olive Classic Ink (102277), Craft Stampin’ Spots – Brights Collection (119718) by Stampin’ Up!
- Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930)
- Heat Tool (100005), Powder Pals (102197)
- Old Olive Satin Ribbon (117292)
- Jewelry Tag Punch (117190)
- 1/16″ Circle Punch (101227)
- Linen Thread (104199)
For The Bag:
- Cut a piece of card stock or thin cardboard slightly smaller than organza bag and insert it into the bag. Lay the bag on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Ink the Medallion stamp well with Old Olive Craft Ink. Stamp on bag as desired.
- Sprinkle the stamped area generously with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Shake off excess powder into a container (you can re-use any unheated embossing powder).
- Using even back and forth motions with the heat tool, melt the embossing powder. Be careful here; you’ll want to heat only until the powder turns liquid. Overheating will pucker and melt the organza. (See below.)
- Remove card stock from bag. Insert your favor or gift.
For The Gift Note:
- Cut Very Vanilla card stock to 3″ x 6″, score at 3″ and fold in half to create card.
- Ink Medallion stamp with Old Olive Craft Ink and stamp image on card front.
- Sprinkle with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, shake off excess powder, and heat set using the Heat Tool.
- Tie Old Olive Satin Ribbon around card.
- Using Old Olive Classic Ink and the solid tag image from Tiny Tags, stamp off once onto scrap paper, and then stamp onto Very Vanilla card stock.
- Ink “merry” image with Old Olive Classic Ink and stamp over solid tag image. Punch out the image using the Jewelry Tag Punch.
- Punch a small hole in the Jewelry Tag using the Handheld Circle Punch (or use the Paper-Piercing Tool). Tie the Jewelry Tag to the Satin Ribbon using Linen Thread.
Blythe Klipple is a demonstrator for Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! website & Store: http://blythestamps.stampinup.net