Weddings are really very stressful. There are a lot of things which needs to be done and should be accomplished a month before the wedding. And well, aside from the stress brought by the things which needs to be done, preparing for your wedding day is of course expensive. Of course, we all aim and wish to save money without compromising the beauty of our big day. Here are 26 tips on how you can cut down your expenses but still have the kind of wedding that you expect and imagine.
1.Cut down your guest list. This will slash your catering costs and save on invitations and even the number of centerpieces.
2. Think off-peak season and save thousands.
3. Hold your ceremony and reception in one spot. It will cut the travel time for the vendors you pay by hour.
4. Skip the Saturday Wedding.
5. Have bigger tables so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
6. Use more greenery than flowers.
7. Swap out costly flowers- did you know peonies can be five times more expensive than roses?
8. Stick to one or two kinds of flowers.
9. Buy flowers that are in season.
10. Include nonfloral pieces, like seashells or fruit.
Food & Drink:
11. Skip the main course- just have passed hors d’oeuvres or stations.
12. Offer beer, wine and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
13. Skip the champagne toast.
14. Order a small one-or two-tier cake and then supplement it with a larger sheet cake (hidden in the kitchen).
15. Keep the add-ons simple.
16. Use fresh flowers, not sugar ones.
17. Skip exotic fillings like guava and mango.
Stationary & Favors:
18. Get single-page invites to save on postage.
19. Give out one favor per couple.
20. Make your cake the favors.
21. Have favors double as escort cards.
22. Email your save-the-dates.
23. Make your own menu cards, escort cards and wedding favor packaging.
Photo, Video & Music:
24. Have a photographer you love but can’t afford the prices? Ask them if they have an associate shooter who will do your wedding for less.
25. Opt for smaller band
26. Hire a band or DJ who can do both the ceremony and the reception.
Cutting down your budget doesn’t mean that you need to compromise the the quality and beauty of your big day. Enjoy your wedding without spending too much.